Our regular yoga and meditation classes and workshops at Dream are terrific. But private instruction with one of Dream’s highly skilled instructors offers you additional options for meeting your specific goals.
Tailored to Meet Your Needs
A private session is great for anyone--whether you’re brand new to yoga or meditation, or advanced. A private class is an excellent way to deepen your understanding of specific postures, and breathing and meditation practices; or to explore how these practices may be adapted therapeutically to heal or strengthen your body, mind and spirit.
Private Sessions Are Useful for Individuals Who:
- Would like to learn the basics of yoga and yoga poses before joining a class. Highly recommended.
- Have special health concerns or injuries.
- Want to advance more quickly in your yoga or meditation practice.
- Busy schedule keeps you from attending group classes regularly.
- Want to share your yoga practice with significant others in your life—a spouse, child or friend—in a small group session.
- Would like help developing a Home Practice.
- Want more review and feedback on how to properly perform yoga postures learned in class, and receive additional adaptations for your individual goals and body.
- Desire home instruction.
In a Private Lesson, You Can …
Learn yoga poses, and yoga and meditation techniques to meet your specific needs. Our instructors’ bios show some of the specific physical, mental and emotional challenges they have helped students with. These include:
| || |
In a Private Session, You Can Also:
- Get instruction in how to practice more advanced poses, or get answers to yoga questions.
- Learn poses for a Yoga Routine you can do at home on your own in 5 minutes or more.
- Learn or fine-tune the Sun Salutation—the most famous vinyasa (flow of yoga poses); or discover interesting variations on the Sun for warming up and bringing strength, balance and flexibility to your entire body.
- Practice new pranayama/breathing techniques to energize, calm and balance you.
- Receive instruction/guidance in “The Five Tibetans”— ancient, “secret” yoga exercises practiced by Tibetan monks to increase vitality and longevity. Also known as the “Rites or Rejuvenation”/“The Fountain of Youth.”
- Engage in “Family Yoga.” Bring your whole family or just one child.
- Learn Mindfulness-Based Stress Reduction, or deepen your meditation practice.
- Receive “coaching” for personal, professional and spiritual health and growth.
- Explore the ayruvedic approach to diet, nutrition and balance for better health.
- Learn Pre-Natal and Post-Natal Yoga, including yoga for New Moms & Babies.
- Learn yoga to balance/compliment/enhance athletic performance—swimming, cycling, golf, tennis, jogging, kayaking, more.
- Practice Chair Yoga or Office Yoga.
- Learn Yoga for Seniors.
- Learn Airplane Yoga—yoga you can do on a plane and afterwards to avoid the negative affects of airplane travel (or long trips via car or bus).
- Learn how to tap the wisdom of your dreams. (Dream Analysis).
Privates for More than One?
Yes! You can do a private by yourself, with another, or with a small group of friends, family or coworkers. We can tailor your sessions to meet the needs of more than one.
Private Instruction Locations
All private, semi-private and small private group sessions can take place at Dream Yoga Studio, or in your home or office location.
Private Session Fees
The following fee schedule is subject to change.
Fees are discounted by $5 when you purchase a "4-Pack" (four classes at a time that can be used within 90 days).
Fees are also discounted for "Family Yoga" Sessions. The second Family Member is Free.
*Each additional person after 4 people is $10.
There is a $30-$45 additional charge to come to your location, depending on location, travel time and props needed.
Canceling a Private Session
When you make an appointment, your session time, the teacher's (or Healing Art Practitioner’s) time, and the Session Room are reserved for you. If a private session is cancelled less than 24 hours prior to the session, the fee will be charged in full. There is no charge for a cancelled session if you give notice directly to the provider at least 24 hours in advance of your scheduled session, and reschedule your session. We look forward to working/sharing with you, and are thankful for your consideration.
Remember: Private lessons also make great Gift Certificates to loved ones and friends!
Scheduling an AppointmentLuann will work with you to find an instructor and time that meets your scheduling needs. Weekend and evening appointments are available. Daytime appointments are recommended when possible, however, as weekends and evenings fill quickly.
3 Easy Ways:
1- Email your interest to Luann. Specify what service you would like to have, and when (best options for days and times).
2- Call 703-448-YOGA (9642) or 703-917-0067.
3- In Person at the Studio.