Schedule a Yoga Class
at your location today!
Dream Yoga has provided yoga for employees of organizations such as the Early Childhood Enrichment Center of the Smithsonian Institute, National Counter-Terrorism Committee, and the Court Services & Offender Supervision Agency; and for children and employees
at the Chevy Chase Plaza Children's Center.
To inquire about the possibility of bringing yoga to your workplace or organization, contact Luann.
Small Group Instruction. Tailored to the needs of small offices, families and friends. Conducted in Dream Yoga Studio, in offices and homes.
On-site Corporate/Non-Profit Yoga Sessions. Decrease stress and increase well-being and camaraderie in the workplace with yoga classes and workshops for employees. If you want, one of our FREE "Lunch & Learn" Yoga sessions. (See Details Below)
Did you know...
A United National report called job stress the 20th century epidemic. According to the American Institute for Stress, almost 90% of doctor visits in the U.S. are stress related and the annual costs of stress to the average employer are staggering. It's estimated that job stress costs U.S. industry $200 to $300 billion annually in absenteeism, diminished productivity, employee turnover, accidents, and medical, legal and insurance fees. Today, corporate America is forced to make a major commitment to stress management.
A growing number of corporations and businesses are turning to Yoga as a solution to relieving employee pressure. Nike, HBO, Forbes, Apple and others believe yoga is important enough to offer yoga classes as a regular employee benefit. (Yoga Journal). Other businesses and non-profit organizations simply help organize on-site yoga classes for the convenience of employees who pay or co-pay for their participation.
Costs of Stress to Your Organization
- Job stress costs U.S. companies about $300 billion annually through absenteeism, diminished productivity, employee turnover and direct medical, legal and insurance fees. (The American Institute for Stress)
- Stress is the cause of nearly 90% of doctor visits in the U.S. (The American Institute for Stress)
- Companies lose $2-$3 in productivity for every $1 spent on direct employee medical costs. (National Safety Council)
- Companies spend $14,000 per employee per year on medically related productivity losses. (CorSolutions, Inc.)
- Workers who report they are stressed incur health care costs that are almost 50% higher than other employees. (National Institute for Occupational Safety and Health)
Results of Bringing Yoga to Work
- Increased productivity. Improves employee alertness, concentration, creativity, decision-making skills and ability to multi-task
- Boosts ability to react more calmly in demanding situations
- Lowers stress levels...and reduces multiple costs of stress-related illnesses and absenteeism
- Relieves work-related dis-eases--head, neck, back and eye strain, fatigue, carpal tunnel syndrome, insomnia, high blood pressure, and work-related injuries from repetitive motion and/or lifting and moving objects
- Creates better customer service
- Enhances employee attitude and outlook, and employee relations.
- Eases tension between co-workers. Provides a bonding experience.
- Improves employee morale.
- Reduces employee turnover
General Benefits of Yoga to Employees
Numerous studies have shown the physical and mental benefits of yoga, including:
- Improved body flexibility and balance
- Improved cardiovascular endurance
- Enhanced overall muscular strength
- Weight control
- Increased energy levels
- Enhanced immune system
- Relief of stress
- Prevention and relief from stress-related disorders
- Intellectual enhancement
- Greater coping skills
*FREE* ‘Lunch & Learn’ Yoga Class
at Your Location!
After their first yoga class, many people share one sentiment:
“This is so great. I only wish I would have done yoga sooner!”
Don’t wait to find out what Yoga can do for you and your employees or colleagues! How yoga can make you feel flexible and strong, peaceful and more fully alive!
Contact Dream Yoga Studio for a FREE “Lunch & Learn…& Relieve Stress!” presentation. In this 45- to 55-minute presentation, participants will learn what yoga really is and what it can do for you. They’ll discover why ANY BODY can do yoga and benefit from it—even folks who haven’t exercised for years or who have physical limitations.
Participants can bring a light lunch to eat while learning about yoga. Then we’ll do some yoga stretches and breathing exercises that can be done at work to relieve tension and stress, and boost energy and the ability to concentrate. Handouts on “Yoga for Stress Relief” will also be provided.
One-Time Offer. Limited to businesses & organizations within a 15-mile radius from Dream Yoga Studio.
Did you know...
Dream Yoga can provide a "Yoga to Reduce Stress & Boost Energy" workshop or series of classes for your organization. These highly effective classes can educate individuals on the causes of stress, its symptoms and its impact on their physical and mental well-being. Most importantly, employees learn specific Yoga techniques that relieve stress, and that are simple enough to practice at the office, at home, and even while driving.
Other possible topics: Stress Reduction, Building a Better Back, Yoga for the Computer User, Better Breathing and Posture, Boosting your Immune System, Feeling Stronger & More Fully Alive!, Easing Tension in Your Back, Neck & Shoulders, Meditation & Focusing the Mind, Yoga for Travelers, Balancing Body & Mind, Getting a Good Night's Sleep, and more.
Classes can serve all ability levels, from the fit to the feable. Class options include:
Yoga for Newbies
Yoga Stretch & Strengthen
Yoga for Boomers & Beyond
Vinyasa Flow Yoga
Meditation: Mindfulness-Based Stress Reduction