Classes & Services for Body, Mind and Freeing Your Spirit  

Survey Feedback Winter 2010

What Dream Yogis Say, Want and Need
We at Dream work very hard to help you meet your goals for health, healing and wholeness. That’s why we’re very pleased to know that 98 percent of the nearly 100 students who responded to our recent survey said they agree or strongly agree that they are HAPPY with DreamYoga Classes.  (The other 2 percent answered “Not Applicable.”)

We are most grateful to those of you who took the time to give us your feedback and suggestions. Here are some of your comments:

  • I love Dream Yoga!!
  • Thanks for creating a wonderful community!
  • Thank you for changing my life and helping me to live a more full life!!!
  • I am extremely happy with the yoga that is waiting for me each time I attend a session. Everything is very much appreciated.
  • I think it is an excellent studio - I feel better every time I walk in the door, and I think the director and the teaching staff she has chosen are treasures.
  • We had a house guest this summer who I treated to some yoga classes, and I felt so proud of the studio because he enjoyed the classes so much.
  • The products are great! I really enjoy the coconut water!!
  • I couldn't ask for more - you have it all!

Students DID have some suggestions for us, which we’ve already begun to implement. For instance:

  • Making the time between Class Sessions shorter.
  • Ensuring there’s a Beginner Class after 5 p.m.
  • Playing the Singing Bowls more.  Luann will renew her commitment to playing!
  • More morning classes.
  • Continuing the emphasis in Luann’s classes on “Yoga Practices for Stress Reduction.”
  • More yoga Flow classes.
  • Learn handstands, shoulderstands and other arm balancing.  Luann’s Saturday 9:30 a.m. Dynamic Yoga class includes inversions.

We’ll continue to implement your recommendations for making Dream even better. So please keep your suggestions coming. An easy way to do this is through the SUGGESTION BOX on Dream’s website (top right-hand corner of each page).


What issues do you want to address most? … and
How Dream Is Addressing Them in the Winter Session

The number one concern of those responding to Dream’s recent Student Survey is increasing flexibility (62 percent). So in the Winter, Dream will offer two more “Yoga Stretch” classes, for a total of four.

De-stressing, improving balance and strengthening your core followed closely. Know that Sandy will now be offering her “Yoga Abs” class at 4 p.m. on Wednesdays; and all of Mary’s “Power Yoga” and new “Moderate Vinyasa” classes also focus on core strength. So will her multi-level “Power Vinyasa Flow” Practice Class on January 3rd at 4 p.m.   Luann will be help you work on your balance in her “Balance Yourself!” workshop on Wednesday, December 30, at 7 p.m.

Next, over a third wanted to focus on improving your posture and increasing energy.
About a quarter of respondents wanted yoga to help with cleansing/detoxing, self-discovery, weight reduction and boosting endurance/strength building. Others top issues for Dream students were revealed via a question asking what topics you’d like workshops or special classes to address. Among the top concerns were:

Better diet/Ayurveda.   You’ll want to attend Christine’s workshop on Saturday, January 30: “Yoga for Wellness: Diet, Yoga Postures & Other Ayruvedic Stress-Relieving Strategies for Super Health.”

Insomnia. In February,  Luann will offer a special four-week Mini-Course on Sundays at 7 p.m. -- “Yoga for a Better Night’s Sleep.”

Immunity. Register for Sandy’s workshop on Saturday, February 27:  “Yoga for Wellness:  Boosting Your Immune System.”
Removing Tensions & Toxins.  Luann’s “Twisting” workshop on April 1 will help you do this.

Students also expressed an interest in deepening their yoga practice and extending it into their lives. Several special workshops will help you do this:
Hillary’s workshop on Saturday, January 2: “Warm Up to the New Year with Sun Salutations!”

Mary’s workshop on Saturday, January 9: “Deep Listening:  Using Yoga as a Tool
For Creating Your Vision for Your Life's Work.”

The three-day “Kripalu-Pranakriya Yoga Immersion Weekend” with Jacci Reynolds, March 26-28.